We start with a listing is available home remedies and other natural cures by the symptom or condition they treat. In many cases these findings may be the result of people relating personal experience, historical uses in some parts of the world, or anecdotal evidence. Thus you should check with a medical professional about these claims and whether the remedy might work in your unique situation:
– For erectile dysfunction or impotence in men, or low libido in men and women the following herbs have been known to work: Yagara, Cistanches, Cnidium, Lotus Stamen, Curculiginis
– These supplements have been said to have an effect on reducing infertility: Cistanches, Cnidium, Safflower Plants, Curculiginis
– For anxiety and depression the following natural herbs have been said to be home cures, or at least powerful enough to take the edge off: Bacopa, Biotaseed, BlueScullCap, Jujube Date, Elderberry Flowers, Cyani
– Many people turn to herbal remedies and natural supplements for dieting. These two have been said to reduce appetite: Atractylodes, Patience Dock,
– Herbal remedies should never take the place of prescriptions for lowering cholesterol, but these two supplements can help lower cholesterol even more: Achyranthes, Road Weed,
– Some people avoid aspirin and other pain relievers because of side effects or because they prefer a natural route. This herbal has been known to help with aches and pain: Achyranthes
– A common use for an herbal preparation is for natural sleep and rest during times of anxiety or insomnia. These supplements have been known to help for that purpose: Bacopa BlueScullCap, Biota Seed, Jujube Date,
– For inflammation a lesser know yet powerful home cure can be had with these: Cibotium, Senega Root
– Again while this herbal supplement should not take the place of a medication prescribed by your doctor, it can help lower blood pressure: Safflower Plants
– For help with digestive issues, the following has been know to be a home remedy: Road Weed,
– Many people turn to natural supplements for skin problems such as acne, and success has been found with the following home remedies: Skin Problems: Patience Dock, Five Finger Grass, Elderberry Flowers,
– For arthritis, some natural remedies have been known to help with everyday symptoms, including: Patience Dock, Safflower Plants,
– To speed the healing of infections (again do not take unless you have also consulted with a doctor) the following natural herbals have been known to help: Drynaria, Cyani
The above is a listing of the lesser known, but very powerful natural herbal remedies and cures for these conditions. Your local herbalist or herbal medicine store can prepare the herb in the way that it will be most beneficial for your unique condition.
This second listing is of natural home remedies and supplements themselves. Once again, please note that you should consult with your doctor or a trained herbalist before using any of these alternative medicine strategies. This is true of anyone, and particularly true if you have any unique medical conditions like pregnancy, high blood pressure, etc.
– ACHYRANTHES: Used as an anti-inflammatory, ant rheumatic, diuretic and vasodilator. Has been used in the treatment of aching back and knees, to treat hypertension and lower cholesterol levels. Should never be used when pregnant. Juice from the root has been used in the treatment of toothache, indigestion, and asthma.
– ATRACTYLODES: Used to relieve headaches, improve night vision, and improve vision that is failing due to age. It has been known to be a great remedy for nausea and diarrhea. Some report a reduction of appetite when on this herb.
– BIOTASEED: This herb is used to treat depression, irritability, insomnia, anxiety, and memory problems.
– BLUESCULLCAP: The herb is seen as having powerful anti depressant and anti-anxiety effects. Some have reported that it helps with insomnia and other sleeping difficulties.
– CISTANCHES: This powerful herb has been said to strengthen sexual function and treat impotence in men. It has also been said to increase fertility in women.
– CNIDIUM: A multipurpose herb, cnidium has been known to increase potency and even function as an aphrodisiac. Some have said it increases fertility in both men and women. Cnidium seed in particular has been used as a disinfectant wash on sores.
– CURCULIGINIS: Curculiginis is used in Chinese medicine to strengthen function and improve fertility in both men and women, and to improve strength and reduce soreness in general.
– CYANI: This herb is most widely used to treat stings, insect bites and snake bites. Dried Cyani is used to treat bruises, and when dissolved in water Cyani is said that it is a guard against infectious diseases. Less common findings are that cyani can cure sores in the mouth, conjunctivitis, eye problems, stomach upset, anxiety, and toothaches
– DIPSACUS: This herb has been found to fight lyme disease and other infections, improve circulation, and cure warts.
– DRYNARIA: This versatile herb has been used to speed the healing of broken bones, torn ligaments, sprains, and bruises. As a preventative herb, drynaria has been used to strengthen the lower back and knees.
– ELDERBERRYFLOWERS: These flowers have been used in a wide variety of ways including curing skin conditions, reducing pain, calming anxiety, treating heart diseases, and reducing fevers.
– FIVEFINGERGRASS: This plant has been known to help reduce a fever, slow periodontal disease, and cure some coughs. It is particularly good for the skin, having been said to cure infections, sores, rashes, and other irritations. Some say that five finger grass also reduces wrinkles.
– GLEHNIA: This herb has been used to reduce coughing and a dry throat and general hoarseness
– JUJUBEDATE: These fruits are used in Eastern medicine to alleviate stress, anxiety and insomnia. The juice is very soothing to sore throats.
– LOTUS STAMEN: This medicinal herb has been found to strengthen the kidneys and bladder, and has also been found to improve potency in men.
– PATIENCE DOCK: This herb is used to treat skin conditions and blood disorders. Some have reported that it can be used in the treatment of diabetes, rheumatism, ulcers and cough. Some have been successful losing weight using patience dock as an adjuvant.
– ROAD WEED: This plant has been used for treating digestive disease and respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. It has also been said to strengthen the body after disease, and treat liver diseases and urinary infections. Road weed in syrup form has been said to clean the blood, heal skin irritations and inflammations, and cure herpes, eczema, and arthritis. Recently road weed has also been said to reduce cholesterol.
– SAFFLOWER PLANTS: These plants have been found to reduce infertility, reduce high blood pressure, and treat arthritis.
– SENEGA ROOT: This root has been used to treat colds and inflammation, bronchitis and other inflammation of the respiratory tract. Senega has been said to have potential for treating non-insulin dependent diabetes.
– STILLINGIA: This multipurpose medicinal herb helps clear skin blemishes from eczema to acne, and also seems to help the body generally rid itself of toxins.
– TANG-KUEI: This Chinese herb has been said to be particularly beneficial for women who have a challenging cycle. It has also been found to have a soothing effect on tired muscles.
– XANTHINOLNICOTINATE: Xanthinol nicotinate is an extremely potent form of niacin, passing easily through cell membranes. It has been used to treat circulation problems and certain memory issues, and also to improve reaction time.
These two listings of supplements and natural home remedies are far from complete, but thy provide some of the more powerful yet lesser known alternative cures that you may not have heard of.